List:       ltp-list
Subject:    [LTP] Announcing collie, pan's grandson
From:       nstraz () redhat ! com (Nathan Straz)
Date:       2008-10-30 22:04:00

I finally have everything in place to announce the first of several
tools from our tool chest.  Today I posted my first blog post which
should be syndicated to Fedora People shortly.

http://nstraz.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/introducing-collie/

Today I would like to introduce to the world, collie[1], a tool to
describe, run, and log test scenarios.  I use this tool every day as
part of testing GFS and Cluster Suite.  It allows me to describe complex
test scenarios without having to write every error handler or manually
capture every line of output.

The source is available via git.fedorahosted.org[2] and I started a mailing
list[3] for dicussion.  We have some guides[4] started on the wiki to give
some ideas about what you can do with collie.

[1] http://fedorahosted.org/collie/
[2] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/collie.git
[4] https://fedorahosted.org/collie/wiki/CollieHowTos

This tool is based on pan and focuses on the section entitled "LAYERING"
in the pan man page.

Nate