List:       ltp-list
Subject:    Re: [LTP] aio testcases
From:       Daniel Gollub <dgollub () suse ! de>
Date:       2008-10-29 22:53:36

On Friday 17 October 2008 10:26:12 Jacky Malcles wrote:
> REASON:
> now that fsx-linux is the same for fs, nfs and ios
> (I'm working with ltp-full-20080831.tgz)
> we have to adapt the runtest/ltp-aiodio.part3 file:
> (-A and -Z options are no more supported by fsx-linux)

# find -name fsx-linux.c | xargs md5sum
4017c6b34b291c3afb700c9afad53da7  ./testcases/kernel/fs/fsx-linux/fsx-linux.c
4017c6b34b291c3afb700c9afad53da7  ./testcases/kernel/io/ltp-aiodio/fsx-linux.c
4017c6b34b291c3afb700c9afad53da7  ./testcases/network/nfs/fsx-linux/fsx-linux.c

Indeed, what about moving fsx-linux.c to some location and kill the redundant
code?

There is also a situtation which might become very tricky once the version of
fsx-linux.c starts to differ:

testcases/kernel/fs/fsx-linux/Makefile
testcases/kernel/io/ltp-aiodio/Makefile

Both Makefiles have fsx-linux in there install target and point to the same
destination: $LTPROOT/bin.

Depending of the order the Makefiles get called, the later one will win, by
overwritting silently. This might become later a reproducing/debugging
nightmare - especially if you build with make -j, where i guess the order
could be really random on each build.

I could provide a patch for this, since this makes also my life easier for
packaging LTP inside the system-environment installation.

Whats the best location to move a commen test-source like fsx-linux.c inside
the ltp tree?

best regards,
Daniel