List:       ltp-list
Subject:    [LTP]  ballista error
From:       Elder Costa <elder.costa () terra ! com ! br>
Date:       2008-10-23 21:05:16

Hi.

I have experienced several errors when I tried to run ballista (through
runltp script). There were several messages stating my system might not
support some system calls, e.g. chroot.

I replaced calltable.all with other with only the chroot line. Bellow an
excerpt of the output to avoid cluttering the server. LTP checked out
the last 21st.

--------------------------------

./callGen "chroot"
grep -w chroot callTable > /tmp/cgAARqy2
mv callInclude.cpp callInclude.old
./replacer < callInclude.old > callInclude.cpp
./replacer < executeTestCase.fresh > executeTestCase.cpp
g++  -DPOSIX_NO_REALTIME -w -O -fPIC -DB_HANDLE_EXCEPTIONS -c
executeTestCase.cpp
executeTestCase.cpp: In function 'int execute_test_case(char*)':
executeTestCase.cpp:100: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to
'const char*'
executeTestCase.cpp:100: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'int
chroot(const char*)'
make: *** [executeTestCase.o] Error 1

makeBallista failed for chroot.  chroot will not be tested -- this
function may not exist on your operating system.Illegal division by zero
at ostest_new.pl line 567.
<<<execution_status>>>
duration=1 termination_type=exited termination_id=25 corefile=no
cutime=40 cstime=6
<<<test_end>>>
INFO: pan reported some tests FAIL
LTP Version: LTP-20080930

----------------------------------

I ran makeBallista:

root@Yosemite:~/ltp/ltp-cvs-081021a/testcases/ballista/ballista#
./makeBallista chroot
Function: chroot
Datatype list: templates/b_ptr_void.o templates/b_ptr_buf.o
Compiler options:

g++  -DPOSIX_NO_REALTIME -w -O -fPIC -DB_HANDLE_EXCEPTIONS -c
executeTestCase.cpp
executeTestCase.cpp: In function ‘int execute_test_case(char*)’:
executeTestCase.cpp:100: error: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to
‘const char*’
executeTestCase.cpp:100: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘int
chroot(const char*)’
make: ** [executeTestCase.o] Erro 1
root@Yosemite:~/ltp/ltp-cvs-081021a/testcases/ballista/ballista#

------------------------------------

And here an excerpt of the cpp file:

//inlining variable instantiations
int     rval;
b_ptr_buf param1;

#ifdef     B_HANDLE_EXCEPTIONS
   try{
#endif //  B_HANDLE_EXCEPTIONS

   //sigaction added to differentiate between setup robustness failures and
   //robustness failures related to the mut
   sigemptyset(&setup_action.sa_mask);
   setup_action.sa_handler = setup_catch_signal;  //setup_catch_signal
is the signal handler
   (void) sigaction (SIGINT, &setup_action, NULL);
   (void) sigaction (SIGQUIT, &setup_action, NULL);
   (void) sigaction (SIGTERM, &setup_action, NULL);
   (void) sigaction (SIGABRT, &setup_action, NULL);
   (void) sigaction (SIGBUS, &setup_action, NULL);
   (void) sigaction (SIGSEGV, &setup_action, NULL);

//inlining userSetup, callInclude, and userShutdown

#include <unistd.h>  //included from calltable include field
#include <signal.h>
ref[1] = (void **) param1.access(params[0]);
void* *temp1 = (void**) ref[1];
param1.commit(params[0][0]);

struct sigaction setup_action;
sigemptyset(&setup_action.sa_mask);
setup_action.sa_handler = SIG_DFL;
(void) sigaction (SIGINT, &setup_action, NULL);
(void) sigaction (SIGQUIT, &setup_action, NULL);
(void) sigaction (SIGTERM, &setup_action, NULL);
(void) sigaction (SIGABRT, &setup_action, NULL);
(void) sigaction (SIGBUS, &setup_action, NULL);
(void) sigaction (SIGSEGV, &setup_action, NULL);
rval = chroot(*temp1);
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is the offending line

------------

The prototype of chroot:

elder@Yosemite:/usr/include$ cat unistd.h | grep chroot
extern int chroot (__const char *__path) __THROW __nonnull ((1)) __wur;

I guess the effort is worth to make these testcases work but I am
affraid my current knowledge is not enough to figure out how to fix
either my system should some requirement be missing or the
templates/testcases.

Thanks for any hint.

Elder.