List:       ltp-list
Subject:    Re: [LTP] [TESTING] smaps: account swap entries
From:       Subrata Modak <subrata () linux ! vnet ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2008-08-30 19:16:11

Thanks Peter,

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 13:36 +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 16:52 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Would you tell us whether the smaps: account swap entries, added in
> > 2.6.26 in the following git commit, also requires special testing.
> >
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=214e471ff99064726b2d8af3aa0e24a73c775531,
> >
> > If yes, then the ways to do so.
>
> I guess one could do a larger than memory anonymous mmap() and touch all
> pages, and verify that a roughly matching amount of pages is reported in
> the smaps file.

Can you kindly do us a favour. We have mmap() tests in LTP in quite
large nos. Can you kindly review them in your leisure time and let us
know where and which test functionality needs to be enhanced to test the
account swap entries:

http://ltp.cvs.sourceforge.net/ltp/ltp/testcases/kernel/mem/mmapstress/
http://ltp.cvs.sourceforge.net/ltp/ltp/testcases/kernel/mem/mtest06/,
http://ltp.cvs.sourceforge.net/ltp/ltp/testcases/kernel/fs/dmapi/mmap.c,