List:       lse-tech
Subject:    [Lse-tech] Re: [PATH] slab cleanup
From:       Manfred Spraul <manfred () colorfullife ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 15:59:35

Martin J. Bligh wrote:
>>Could someone test that it works on real SMP?
>

> Tested on 16-way NUMA-Q (shows up races quicker than anything ;-)).
> Boots, compiles the kernel 5 times OK. That's good enough for me.
> No performance regression, in fact was marginally faster (within
> experimental error though).

Thanks for the test. NUMA is on my TODO list, after figuring out
where/how to drain cpu caches and the free list.

I've found one stupid bug with debugging enabled: the new debug code
tries to poison NULL pointers, with limited success :-(

And one limitation might be important for arch specific code:
kmem_cache_create() during mem_init() is not possible anymore.

--
	Manfred