List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: Problems with Load Balancing
From:       Peter Scheurer <scheurer () sopra-gmbh ! de>
Date:       1999-12-30 8:31:30

papowell@astart.com schrieb:
[...]

> > Hi Patrick,
> >
> > we are currently running LPRng 3.6.12 and ifhp 3.3.10 on a SuSE 6.2 Linux. The two
> > lineprinters are connected to  parallel ports.
> >
> > Peter

> > > ... Hmmm... this looks familiar...
> > >
> > > What version are you using?
> > >
> > > Patrick

[...]

> Hmmm... OK... this is strange.  Could you send me your printcap so I
> can try to reproduce this?
>
> Patrick

Here's our printcap.

lp|Genicom
 :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/log
 :sv=lp1,lp2
 :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp
# Genicom1
lp1|Genicom1
 :ss=lp
 :lp=/dev/lp0:
 :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp1:\
 :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp1/log:\
 :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp1/acct:\
 :if=/usr/local/libexec/filters/ifhp
 :ifhp=model=genicom
 :ab
 :bp=/usr/local/bin/mybanner
# Genicom2
lp2|Genicom2
 :ss=lp
 :lp=/dev/lp1:\
 :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp2:\
 :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp2/log:\
 :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp2/acct:\
 :if=/usr/local/libexec/filters/ifhp
 :ifhp=model=genicom
 :ab
 :bp=/usr/local/bin/mybanner

checkpc -C
Using Config file '/usr/local/etc/lpd.conf'
CONFIG START
ab
class_in_status
fq