List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: filter even without filter???
From:       papowell () astart ! com
Date:       1999-12-28 4:36:39

> From lprng@astart2.astart.com Thu Dec 23 04:53:48 1999
> Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:47:36 +0100
> From: Carsten =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nordstr=F8m?= Jensen <north@get2net.dk>
> To: "lprng@lprng.com" <lprng@lprng.com>
> Subject: LPRng: filter even without filter???
>
> I have LPRng-3.6.9 running on a linux RH6.0 server.
> I have a HP Laserjet 4 with postscript module.

<<< deleted ranting, frothing and raving about HP4 and PostScript>>>
<<< actually,  he has been through the same experience that I have...>>>

Been there, done that,  and hated it as much as you did.

Apparently there are some bugs in the PostScript in the HP4
SIMM that you have.

The good news is that there is an upgrade that should solve them.

The bad news is that it will cost about $250 US for it.

The really really bad news is that you may have the latest version
available and you cannot do anything about this.

Sorry... The HP4 is LOOOONG out of production/maintenance.

Patrick

Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies,
papowell@astart.com            9475 Chesapeake Drive, Suite D,
Network and System             San Diego, CA 92123
  Consulting                   619-874-6543 FAX 619-279-8424
LPRng - Print Spooler (http://www.astart.com)

If you have major problems,  send email to papowell@astart.com with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.