List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: Solaris Problems
From:       papowell () astart ! com
Date:       1999-12-28 3:46:59

> From lprng@astart2.astart.com Thu Dec 16 02:32:47 1999
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:26:54 +0100 (MET)
> From: Carsten Griewatsch <cg@min.uni-kiel.de>
> To: lprng@astart2.astart.com
> Subject: LPRng: Solaris Problems
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install LPRng-3.6.12 on a Solaris 2.6 system and got some
> problems. First, some more informations:
> I took the package lprng_3.6.12.orig.tar.gz from the debian Server.
> Compiling worked without any problems, the only warnings were:
> ./common/termclear.c: In function `Term_clear':
> ./common/termclear.c:131: warning: passing arg 3 of `tputs' from
> incompatible poin
> ter type
> ./common/termclear.c:138: warning: passing arg 3 of `tputs' from
> incompatible poin
> ter type
> ./common/termclear.c: In function `Term_finish':
> ./common/termclear.c:144: warning: passing arg 3 of `tputs' from
> incompatible poin
> ter type

Ignore this... it is char * versus const char * stuff...

> After all, I created a Solaris package and installed it on the machine.
> lpd was started via the rc2.d script. Now the problems:
> At first lpd took around 30 seconds and lprm hangs without stopping. So I
> configured lpd via send_query_rw_timeout=1 in lpd.conf. Now lpd takes 1 s
> but the child lpd process still hangs after the timeout of 1 second. So
> changing the variable was not really a solution, even if lpd could now be
> used:)
> What could be the problem? Why could the child lpd processes not correctly
> be stopped?
>
> Carsten

When you say 'lpd took around 30 seconds' what do you mean?

Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies,
papowell@astart.com            9475 Chesapeake Drive, Suite D,
Network and System             San Diego, CA 92123
  Consulting                   619-874-6543 FAX 619-279-8424
LPRng - Print Spooler (http://www.astart.com)

If you have major problems,  send email to papowell@astart.com with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.