List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: [LPRng] lpinfo problem/question
From:       papowell () astart ! com
Date:       1999-03-28 3:56:20

> From majordomo-owner@iona.com Fri Mar 26 09:21:58 1999
> From: jkimberly@harland.net
> To: lprng@iona.com
> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 12:04:47 -0500
> Subject: [LPRng] lpinfo problem/question
>

> All,
>
> I have now successfully started running the lpinfo web admin tool, and it
> works well.  I am having one problem.  When I try to remove jobs from
> certain printers I get the messages below:
>
> ( this job came from a system named casper.  The local printer name on
> casper is "colcitrix".  Casper simply forwards the print job to the print
> server that is also running the lpinfo app)
>
> FAILED: Print job 184 on colcitrix came from casper, not your machine
> go-proxy1.harland.net
>

> Any ideas???

1. machine is behind a firewall,  does a DNS reverse lookup on the
   connection,  and finds that the IP address+hostname does not match.

2. You have a multihomed host and the originating hostname is not
   the same as the one found for the connection.

If you want to see what has to be done to fix this,  look in
gethostname.c and whoop your cookies.

It is NOT a pretty sight.

You might want to think about using PGP authentication if this is a problem.