List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: HP Colorjet 4550N
From:       John Perkins <john () cs ! wisc ! edu>
Date:       2004-10-21 16:02:35

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:32:06 +0200
Reiner Linnenkohl <linnen@int.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> i have some problems with HP Colorjet 4550N;

> Then i have to "$ lprm -Pinsp3 478" to get the second job on print,
> with other words, after every printed job i have to remove him to get
> the next one ...

We had similar problems with our HP LJ4500N.

The following :ifhp= line worked ok most of the time:

:ifhp=model=hp4500,waitend=ps,waitend_interval=100000,pagecount_poll_sta
rt=1,pagecount_poll_end=3

The problem was that the printer goes comatose to any further PJL inquiries
while a job is processing.  It could cause problems if the printer sat
out of paper or jammed for a long period of time...LPRng would resend
the job to the printer even though the printer hadn't completed the
previous submission.

Eventually, we switched to using SNMP for waitend status, which worked
much more reliable.

   John Perkins			  |   University of Wisconsin-Madison
   Associate Researcher		  |   Department of Computer Science
   john@cs.wisc.edu		  |   1210 W. Dayton St.
   608-262-0438/608-262-6626 FAX  |   Madison, WI  53706-1685
with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest myname@host.org

If you have major problems,  call Patrick Powell or one of the friendly
staff at Astart Technologies for help.  Astart also does support for LPRng.
Also, check the Web Page at: http://www.lprng.com for any announcements.
Astart Technologies  (LPRng - Print Spooler http://www.lprng.com)
6741 Convoy Court
San Diego, CA 92111