List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: Re: LPRng: LPRng-3.8.27:  strange load problem
From:       <WHarms () bfs ! de>(Walter Harms)
Date:       2004-10-08 8:26:45

Hi patrick,
thats not the the problem.
we have 6 boxes that do the same data processing. we move data via lpr.
occationaly 1 lprngqueue stops working. the problem can be solved
via start/stop lpd. simply jobs dont get processed anymore.
we tried a lot to find the problem but it seems to happen only
if nobody watches.
The daemon still accepts jobs, does not show any odd bahavier other
than stop processsing the queue (no zombies, no lots of worker processes).
It seems related to the systemload but perhaps its only because more jobs arrive.

Last month we had no problems this month more than 3 times. (but all
independent)

We had more problems when the backup (rsync) run but since its
complex to do i will try to reproduce it next week.

regards,
walter

ps: how much would it cost to solve ?