List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: lprm closed ports ?
From:       "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery () ece ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2003-12-18 0:44:26

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 19:24, Patrick Powell wrote:
> > If I try to remove a job, it closes all the port on the printer. (I
>
>  lp:\
>          :sd=/var/spool/local-lp:\
>          :lp=ip_addr_of_the_remote_printer%9100:

Doesn't help; nor does newer firmware.  As far as I can tell, an HP
printer's firmware has a 60% chance of crashing (requiring a powercycle
to recover; attempting a remote reboot just wedges it tighter) if you
attempt to cancel a job.

At this point I'd settle for a way to disable the "cancel job"
button....

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu

with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest myname@host.org

If you have major problems,  send email to papowell@astart.com with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.