List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: %Q and Accounting
From:       Patrick Powell <papowell () astart ! com>
Date:       2003-07-20 22:56:07

> From lprng@lprng.com Mon Jul 14 16:32:08 2003
> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:52:39 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Ryan Novosielski <novosirj@umdnj.edu>
> Subject: Re: LPRng: %Q and Accounting
> To: LPRng <lprng@lprng.com>
>
> I guess 'lpc redirect' would for some reason be inadequate here?
>
> ---- _  _ _  _ ___  _  _  _
> |Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
> |$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj@umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
> \__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630
>
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Chris O'Regan wrote:
>
> > Occasionally we have the need to move one or more queues to another
> > printer (for example, when a printer needs maintenance).  If we do this
> > using aliases, then it will break our accounting because the value
> > passed to the accounting script via -P is the primary name, not the
> > selected queue.  That is, since we associate a quota database with a
> > queue name, the wrong database is selected when an alias is used.
> >
> > At the moment, we get around this by creating separate queues, but this
> > is a bit of a nuissance.  What would be neat is if we could get the
> > selected queue (i.e. %Q) passed to the accounting script.  Is this
> > possible?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris

Redirect will do exactly what is needed.  Make sure you also
move any jobs still in the queue...

Patrick

with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest myname@host.org

If you have major problems,  send email to papowell@astart.com with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.