List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: Trouble with PJL headers
From:       Johan Bengtsson <elijah () dd ! chalmers ! se>
Date:       2003-01-29 16:15:13

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Johan Bengtsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're having problems with jobs printed from Windows clients with the HP
> LJ 8150 Windows PS printer driver. It puts a PJL header at the top of each
> PS file, which makes 'file' believe it's a text file and so the PS code
> gets printed as text. I thought that selecting "Archive format" in the
> Windows printer driver prefs. would remove the PJL stuff, but it doesn't
> seem to work. Does anyone know if this is a bug in this driver only?
> Any ideas for a solution...?

OK, I'll answer this myself: The Windows sysadmin here fixed the problem
by editing the ppd file so that Windows thinks that the printer is not
capable of speaking pjl. That of course made the PJL header disappear...

Best regards,
Johan Bengtsson

--
http://www.dd.chalmers.se/~elijah/

with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest myname@host.org

If you have major problems,  send email to papowell@astart.com with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.