List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng:
From:       christoph.beyer () desy ! de
Date:       2003-01-23 7:55:18

Hi Rbaig,

SAMBA implements the server message block protocol for LINUX it is mainly
used to let a LINUX box behave as a (better) windows server. But ther is
no problem in using it the other way round, there is a couple of client
utilities in the SAMBA suite you can use to talk to WINDOWS machines. For
your purpose take a look at:

http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~harish/linuxprint.html

I think this is a good description how to solve your problem.

Your printcap in general looks OK for me, try to put

 :filter=/usr/lib/ifhp/ifhp

instead of:

 :if=/usr/lib/ifhp/ifhp

This is a LPRng extension and means mainly that the filter will be used
for any incoming data format. If this still does no good, well try

:translate_incoming_format=lf:\

Just for in case your incoming jobs have the 'binary flag' in the control
file set...

hope this helps
	~christoph

--
/*   Christoph Beyer     |   Office: Building 2b / 23     *\
 *   DESY                |    Phone: 040-8998-2317        *