List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: Re: LPRng 3.7.4-printer problems on linux
From:       Joel Hammer <Joel () HammersHome ! com>
Date:       2002-06-17 1:36:06

This may be easier than it seems. If you have a new version of gs, gs -h
and can see that driver in there (hpijs or some such), then maybe you
can just set up gs as your print filter.  The gs command is something
like this:

cat APostScriptFile | gs -q -sDEVICE=hpijs -sOutputFile=\|lpr

might work if the lpr sends it to a "raw" queue, that is, a queue without
a filter. If this works, you could use this command in your print filter,
which could you easily write yourself. See this web site:

http://www.opq.se/linux.nf/stepbystep.html

Go to the Bedtime Reading section and find the print filter description.

Also, read man gs.

Joel