List:       lprng
Subject:    LPRng: Cannot find my GNU ld
From:       <imacat () mail ! imacat ! idv ! tw>
Date:       2001-12-30 9:49:13

Dear all,

    I would like to report a bug that, the autoconf configuration script
that is used in LPRng 3.8.4 failed to detect my GNU ld.
    I believe the problem resides at aclocal.m4, line 49.  While --with-linker
and --with-gnu-ld were not set, it didn't try to look for the real ld
program but assumed ld is gcc by LD=$CC.  Then, of course, it will
failed to discover that the ld is really GNU ld because "gcc -v" will
not shown either "GNU" or "with BFD".
    Here is my diff result, with the lines added before line 49:

[root@rinse LPRng-3.8.4]# diff aclocal.m4 aclocal.m4-old
49,56d48
< if test -z "$LD" ; then
<   for f in /bin/ld /usr/bin/ld; do
<     if test -x "$f"; then
<       LD=$f
<       break
<     fi
<   done
< fi

    It will work after I rerun autoconf.  I'm using GCC v3.0.3, GNU ld
v2.11.90.0.8 (with BFD 2.11.90.0.8), autoconf 2.52, Red Hat 7.2, Linux
2.4.17.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*'

Tavern IMACAT's: http://www.imacat.idv.tw/

with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest myname@host.org

If you have major problems,  send email to papowell@astart.com with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.