List:       lprng
Subject:    LPRng: Re: Problems with parsing printcap...
From:       Patrick Powell <papowell () astart ! com>
Date:       2001-12-18 23:55:44

Your original email ended up in my Spam Collection Sack, and this
is not the best place for it.  This could be due to that fact
that you sent it directly to me, or you sent it to the LPRng mailing
list and you were not subscribed to it.  Or you might be trying to
beat the list security and were sending to lprng-owner and expecting
to spam the list :-)

If you are subscribed to the mailing list,  then you might have
sent it from a site or address different than the one that you
registered with.  If the latter is the case and you want to post
from this address then send me, Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>,
email describing the problem with:

LPRNGMAIL

in the SUBJECT line so my junk mail purging system will not toss
it into the bit shredder (we shred our email for security reasons).

In fact,  if you have any problems with the list, send me email
with LPRNGMAIL in the header.

The best way to get answers is via the LPRng mailing list, which
I peruse on a fairly frequent basis.

To subscribe, send mail to:

lprng-request@lprng.com

with the single line:

subscribe

in the body.

This reply is sent by a semiautomatic system, and the real
person may be drinking coffee at the present time...
so my apologies for the one-size-fits-all message.

Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies,
papowell@lprng.com            9475 Chesapeake Drive, Suite D,
Network and System             San Diego, CA 92123
  Consulting                   858-874-6543 FAX 858-279-8424
LPRng - Print Spooler (http://www.lprng.com)

--------

.entry
	:lpr_bounce:client
	:if=/var/lib/apsfilter/filter/aps-PS_600dpi-a4-auto-mono

 ^^^^^^^^^

Remove the :client - this flags that entry as being used only
by the lpr clients and lpd will not use it.

Patrick

> From jmarek@hazard.jcu.cz Mon Dec 17 01:51:16 2001
> Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:51:00 +0100
> From: Jan Marek <jmarek@jcu.cz>
> To: papowell@lprng.com
> Subject: Problems with parsing printcap...
>

> --PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr
>
> Hallo,
>
> I'm using LPRng v. 3.8.2-1 in the Debian sid distribution. I have
> problem with parsing printcap, which is added to this mail
> message. checkpc reported this error:
>
> 2001-12-17-10:43:58.271 hazard hp1sl: Find_pc_info: tc entry
> '.entry' not found
>
> I tried rename this entry to .vstup (it's translated 'entry' to
> the Czech languge) and so on, but I've gotten still the same error...
>
> Please, can you sight this printcap and advice me, if I have any
> errors in this file? Thank you very much...
>
> Sincerely
> Jan Marek
> --
> Ing. Jan Marek
> University of South Bohemia
> Academic Computer Centre
> Phone: +420-38-7772080
>
> --PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr
>
> #
>
> .entry
> 	:lpr_bounce:client
> 	:if=/var/lib/apsfilter/filter/aps-PS_600dpi-a4-auto-mono

with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest myname@host.org

If you have major problems,  send email to papowell@astart.com with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.