List:       lon-capa-users
Subject:    Re: [LON-CAPA-users] Implicit Answer
From:       Rex Abert <ABERTR () tcc ! fl ! edu>
Date:       2015-03-17 14:56:37

A year or two (or three?) ago, Gerd Kortemeyer provided a subroutine for exactly the \
purpose you need.  This led to the implementation of a new problem type, which is the \
first option in the section

Algebraic Response Problems

->Custom Response comparing Equations using Computer Algebra System

when creating a problem in Authoring space.

I have written several problems using this format, with various tweaks.  Some \
examples are

/res/tccfl/abertr/Precalculus/Conics/ConicSection01.problem
/res/tccfl/abertr/Precalculus/Conics/ConicSection02.problem
/res/tccfl/abertr/Precalculus/Conics/ConicSection03.problem
/priv/tccfl/abertr/Precalculus/Conics/Ellipse3.problem

There are several others in that same directory.  Feel free to browse and borrow all \
the code you need.  The source is open on all my problems.

Enjoy!

Rex Abert
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Tallahassee Community College