List:       logback-user
Subject:    [logback-user] A way to reconfigure logback-access without restarting tomcat?
From:       Christopher Holt <chris.holt () hcs ! us ! com>
Date:       2014-09-15 17:43:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I'm using the LogbackValue to have logback log out the full content of HTTP
requests and responses.  I've got this working, and have a filter
(ch.qos.logback.core.filter.EvaluatorFilter) working to filter only the
interesting ones that I'm after.

My question is:  is it possible to have the logback-access.xml be scanned
for changes on the fly in the same way that the regular classic logback.xml
is. i.e. scan="true" in the configuration node?

Currently the only way I've been able to update the config in
logback-access.xml is to stop and restart tomcat.  Updating the file and
redeploying the web-app do not seem to re-read the config.

I also looked in with jconsole after finding 'JMXConfigurator', but the
entry under Valves for LogbackValve didn't have any operations that seemed
to do this.

Thanks,

--
Chris Holt