List:       logback-user
Subject:    [logback-user] DBAppender ability to self prune database logging tables
From:       "Smith, Larry (ECS - Enterprise Cloud Service)" <larry.smith5 () hp ! com>
Date:       2012-06-07 14:44:23

I would like to be able to clean up logging entries written to the database. In many \
of our environments developers test on local copies of databases and in our function \
test environment we have daily build and deploys of the application. Needless to say, \
there can be a lot of logging in early stages of development and the log files can \
grow quite large. I would like to do something similar to the HISTORY tag associated \
with the rolling file appender, where you could specify how many days, weeks, months \
that you would like to keep entries in the logging tables.

This needs to be something done from the application, as we do not have the ability \
to run scheduled database jobs in the various environments to automatically clean up \
database entries (this is a management procedure, won't bore you with details).

Larry Smith