List:       logback-user
Subject:    [logback-user] Custom formatting of parameterized string
From:       RossJ <rossjohnson () e2eit ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-11-28 7:50:01

Hello,

I would like to be able to use parameterized logging with a byte[] argument
(formatted as a hex string). Obviously this doesn't work today because
arrays don't have a toString() implementation.

One way I can see to do this is to modify (or substitute) the
ch.qos.logback.classic.pattern.MessageConverter class and base my
implementation on the org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter class. I can either
build my own logback.jar or manipulate the classpath to make it active.

Is there a better way to do this? Is customization of the parameterized
formatting an area that is likely to be enhanced in future releases? Or is
my requirement somehow unusual...

/Thanks, Ross.