List:       logback-dev
Subject:    RE: [logback-dev] Joran Configurator
From:       "Hu, Julia" <julia.hu () digitalinsight ! com>
Date:       2008-05-05 16:05:39

Great. Thanks for quick responding!

Julia

-----Original Message-----
From: logback-dev-bounces@qos.ch [mailto:logback-dev-bounces@qos.ch] On Behalf Of \
                Ceki Gulcu
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 10:36 AM
To: logback developers list

Hello Julia,

When you are reloading the context, are you calling the
LoggerContext.shutdownAndReset() method?

Looking at the LoggerContext class, it looks like the TurboFilterChain is never \
reset, which explains the behavior you are observing.

The problem has been corrected in SVN revision 1678 [1]. It will be shipped with the \
next version of logback.

I hope this helps,

[1] http://svn.qos.ch/viewvc?view=rev&revision=1678

Hu, Julia wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have created customized TurboFilter to support filtering the logs by
> FI, and expecting it supports dynamic configuration. Once I use
> JoranConfigurator to reload context, noticed that TurboFilter's
> decide() method has been called twice, obviously, log context caches
> previous TurboFilter. What's best way to support dynamic configuration
> for TurboFilter? It seems normal filter works fine for dynamic
> reconfiguration, but we kind of prefer fast fail feature for TurboFilter.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Julia

Ceki Gülcü
QOS.ch is looking to hire talented developers in Switzerland.  If interested, please \
contact c e k i AT q o s . c h