List:       loganalysis
Subject:    [logs] Re: Log correlation
From:       Anton Chuvakin <anton () chuvakin ! org>
Date:       2005-12-16 16:53:53

> Basically the formatting problems are driving me nuts.

Welcome to the world of logs!  :-)

> Can anyone point me in the direction of a tool/methodology I can use
> to do this?
> I'd be most grateful.
Well, here is a funny thing: the whole reasons why this is called "a
challege" is that you have to overcome the above (and other)
problems...

Look at other people's solutions at
http://www.honeynet.org/scans/scan34/ and then create your own. While
doing this, keep in mind that your predecessors did not have the
luxury of access to other solutions...

Best,
--
Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA, GCIH, GCFA