List:       loganalysis
Subject:    [logs] Event Correlation for Analysis
From:       "Rainer Gerhards" <rgerhards () hq ! adiscon ! com>
Date:       2003-03-04 17:16:48

Hi all,

I have today begun work on the description of event correlation
algorithms. Right now, we are focussed on Windows, but I can see there
are others to come - PIX is another prominent example.

I am looking for prexisting work in this area - I would prefer not to
re-invent the wheel...

Here is a sample of what I intend to do:

http://www.monitorware.com/Common/en/SecurityReference/Win-EventCorrelat
ion-ProcessTracking.asp

(again, one of my "lovely" long URLs - sorry for that. Make sure it ends
in ".asp")

I would welcome any comments and links to similar resources.

Many thanks,
Rainer