List:       log4net-user
Subject:    RE: Exchange Server
From:       Nicko Cadell <nicko () neoworks ! com>
Date:       2004-06-07 0:11:54

The SmtpAppender works fine with any SMTP mail server (it uses the
System.Web.Mail classes). It works great with my Exchange 5.5 server, but
that's because it is configured to accept SMTP mail.

IIS includes an SMTP server so you may be able to set that up to send mail
for you.

Alternatively you may be able to use a local mail server written in C#:
http://www.lumisoft.ee/lsWWW/ENG/Products/Mail_Server/mail_index_eng.aspx?ty
pe=info
(not used it, don't know if it works).

If you want a robust SMTP server I would recommend something like:
http://www.sendmail.org/

Nicko