List:       log4net-dev
Subject:    Multiple programs using common log4net config file
From:       kshah82 <kinnar_shah () persistent ! co ! in>
Date:       2010-12-28 8:55:59

Hi,

We are having 2 programs which is sharing log4net configuration file. In
this log4net configuration file which we have define two appenders namely
"RollingFileAppender" and "EventLogAppender". We are referencing this
appender at root level logger. There may be the case when we define separate
logger for each of program and reference any of "RollingFileAppender" or
"EventLogAppender" or both. Now in that case, we do not want to define
severity level at appender level but want to specify at logger level in
following way(not by specifying level attribute) For eg:

<logger name="DoAppender">
<appender-ref = "RollingFileAppender">
     <threshold value="ERROR" />
     <file value = "C:\log.txt"/>
</appender-ref>
<appender-ref = "EventLogAppender">
     <threshold value="FATAL">
</appender-ref>
</logger>

If you see in above logger configuration, we have specified severity as part
of <appender-ref> tag. Is this possible or anyother way available to achieve
this ?

Please reply to this ASAP.

Thanks