List:       log4net-dev
Subject:    Re: abandoned?
From:       Stefan Bodewig <bodewig () apache ! org>
Date:       2010-04-29 11:15:54

Disclaimer: even though I own and use an @apache.org address I'm not a
log4net developer, only a user and interested observer - and a
contributor to a couple of other ASF projects.  I don't speak for
log4net.

On 2010-04-29, Kirill Temnenkov <kirill.temnenkov@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that the project be abandoned. Am I right?

I hope you are not - if you look at the JIRA issues those get addressed,
likewise questions on this and the user list do get answered.
Unfortunately there hasn't been any coding action in four months.

What the problem needs most IMHO is a new release (and I'd be glad to
help out if I can).

> Can I participate in the development as a developer?

Make yourself familiar with <http://logging.apache.org/guidelines.html>.

Anybody can participate by asking or answering questions, finding or
fixing bugs, suggesting or implementing new features.  The preferred
channels are the mailing lists and JIRA.

In Apache projects, if you stick around long enough and provide enough
patches the committers usually get tired of applying your patches and
you become a committer yourself.

Cheers

        Stefan