List:       log4net-dev
Subject:    RE: spi vs core WAS RE: newbie wanna be developer
From:       Nicko Cadell <nicko () neoworks ! com>
Date:       2004-06-06 17:31:38

Rich,

> Can you tell me when you plan on releasing new code?

Not with any great certainty. I am still working through the FxCop issues
and improving the NDoc documentation. When that is done it should be in good
shape for another code release.

> Is there anything that needs help that I could lend my hands to?

The core of log4net always needs more tests, documentation and examples.

There are a number of appenders that need writing or updating:

* A socket appender (similar to the UdpAppender but Tcp rather than Udp)
* A message queue appender
* An xml-rpc appender
* A new DbAppender that uses the same schema as the new log4j DBAppender
* Update the SMTPAppender to use a separate SMTP agent. The System.Web.Mail
package may not be available on all platforms.

Nicko