List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: Problem with linux
From:       "Baskaradoss, B - SPLXM" <Balaji.Baskaradoss () klm ! com>
Date:       2010-04-28 8:13:46

Hi Vijay,

Here's how s my log4j looks like,

Like below I made the debug to true, Can you tell me in which log I can check, I have \
server.log ( since our AS is jboss ), but there is no such info about log4j other \
than resource: log4j.xml configured. It fails to roll over sometimes but there is no \
such info why it is failing to roll over, And I have console.log..

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/" debug="true">

   <!-- ================================= -->

   <!-- Preserve messages in a local file -->

   <!-- ================================= -->

   <!-- A time/date based rolling appender -->

   <appender name="FILE" class="org.jboss.logging.appender.DailyRollingFileAppender">

      <errorHandler class="org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler"/>

      <param name="File" value="${jboss.server.log.dir}/server.log"/>

      <param name="Append" value="false"/>

      <!-- Rollover at midnight each day -->

      <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/>

      <!-- Rollover at the top of each hour

      <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH"/>

      -->

         <!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n -->

         <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p [%c] %m%n"/>

         <!-- The full pattern: Date MS Priority [Category] (Thread:NDC) Message\n

         <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5r %-5p [%c] (%t:%x) %m%n"/>

          -->

      </layout>

   </appender>

.