List:       log4j-user
Subject:    Log4j File appenders-generate files specified by appenders only in
From:       inosh <inoshmrt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-24 8:59:17

Hi All,

I'm little bit new to log4j. I have used log4j xml to configure file
appenders and loggers. But i want to take some control over those appender
file creation. All the files specified in fileAppenders are generating when
first usage of the loggers which have these files get append. For example if
error.txt file is specied in some FileAppender, the file is creating when
log4j.xml is loaded. But what want is to create those files only when the
first usage of the logger which as this file as an Appender. This can be
done by creating appenders in manually in code. But I was highly required to
use log4j.xml. Please help me with this.

Thanks.