List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: Call for feedback
From:       "Roberto Blanc" <rblanc () kinamik ! com>
Date:       2009-05-04 15:50:01

Hi Thorbjørn,

Thanks for your comment. In simple terms, what we do for making these logs \
tamper-evident is to process each line and then chain-hashing them. This means that \
any tampering in any record (even a single byte in one record) equals to an \
interruption in the hash chain, which allow us to pinpoint exactly where (e.g. in \
what event) this tampering has occurred.

Are you thinking about any application for this type of solution?