List:       log4j-user
Subject:    Re: Dynamically changing log levels using Chainsaw
From:       gaspode <gaspode4news () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-13 19:58:15

Hi,

If you're happy with LogWeb that's fine by me, I guess it's all a
matter of taste. I meant mature in the sense "easy to integrate in
your project".

I was disappointed by logweb for the 3 following reasons:

- I never could make it work. I tried the non-Maven non-Struts distro
and had to struggle 1h with poorly documented dependencies to finally
only have some of the pages working  (now Maven would probably have
saved me some time there).

- I then tried to contact Nathan Coast at the address mentioned on the
web site but my mails bounced back (this was 2 or 3 months ago, I just
re-tried 2 minutes ago, the address seems to be running now)

- the web site at codeczar does not mention any updates since 2004
(http://www.codeczar.com/products/logweb/changes-report.html), so I
assumed the project was dead (which might be wrong according to this
new version you mention)

Now, maybe Logweb is a very good piece of software and I should have
been more patient or maybe I took the wrong approach. I'm just saying
that in comparison, I could have the Log4J 1.3 servlet running and
integrated in my project in less than 15 min.

I don't mean to offence anybody, espacially not Nathan, I think it's
really nice having people contributing such tools.

Cheers all,

Gaspode