List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: LogFileReceiver and archived logs
From:       "Scott Deboy" <sdeboy () comotivsystems ! com>
Date:       2006-02-21 20:31:48

Two features that can effect Chainsaw performance, both available from the 'view, \
application wide preferences' menu:

- Responsiveness slider

If you are receiving a lot of events which are affecting Chainsaw's responsiveness, \
move the slider toward 'slow'.  Chainsaw receives events and processes all of the \
received events in an interval based on this slider value.  Moving the slider toward \
slow increases this interval.

- Cyclic buffer size

If Chainsaw is using a lot of memory, reduce the cyclic buffer size (note: you can \
bypass the cyclic buffer on a per-tab basis from the 'current tab, use cyclic' menu \
item or the toolbar.

Hope that helps,

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS