List:       log4j-user
Subject:    Re: About  problems with log4j.xml
From:       Jacob Kjome <hoju () visi ! com>
Date:       2006-01-19 15:39:27

Well, since Tomcat doesn't use Log4j directly (except via commons-logging) and
Log4j doesn't exist in the stack trace, it seems to me that the cause is
probably not Log4j or its property files.  That said, if Log4j is involved and
it is a matter of what is in the configuration, then I guess it would all
depend on whether you have equivalent configuration files.  Make sure that
whatever is defined in log4j.properties is properly translated to log4j.xml
with no extra or missing config.

Jake

Quoting Luis Ramos <xrampante@hotmail.com>:

> Hi, I'm using Tomcat 5.5.9 , NetBeans4.1 and a file log4j.xml.  When I start
> my aplication it happens this error:

> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)
> Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> 	at

org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfigLifecycleListener.createMBean(StoreConfigLifecycleListener.java:67)

> 	at

org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfigLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(StoreConfigLifecycleListener.java:57)

> 	at

org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)