List:       log4j-user
Subject:    Re: log4j.properties file for Tomcat windows service
From:       Jacob Kjome <hoju () visi ! com>
Date:       2005-12-30 19:04:53

At 01:26 PM 12/30/2005 +0200, you wrote:
 > Hi,
 >I have a problem configuring log4j.
 >I have installed two of the Tomcat versions. One from zip file and other
 >from exe (as a service version).
 >The log4j configuration of tomcat from zip file is successfully running.
 >But there is some problem configuring for tomcat from exe. I copied
 >log4j.properities file to WEBINF/classes but there is no any change, the log
 >file I stated in the properties file is not created. What any other things
 >do I have to do?
 >Thanx.

Is log4j.jar in WEB-INF/lib?  Also, is there a log4j.xml anywhere on the
classpath that your app can see?  Log4j picks up log4j.xml in preference to
log4j.properties.  Plus, log4j.xml provides more functionality than
log4j.properties.  This is why I always recommend the XML configuration
rather than the properties configuration.  It reduces the possible issues
you can have.

Jake