List:       log4j-user
Subject:    Re: Cross-platform File appender paths?
From:       Jacob Kjome <hoju () visi ! com>
Date:       2005-10-31 20:59:33

Quoting Preston CRAWFORD <Preston.Crawford@state.or.us>:

> Just tried that and it didn't work, unfortunately. It through a
> FileNotFoundException during startup of Tomcat.

I bet my Halloween candy that the directory, c:/logs/, didn't exist prior to
starting Tomcat.  Log4j doesn't create directories if they don't already exist.
 I just tried it and it works fine.  If said directory does exist, then the
working path for tomcat is not on the same drive as your "logs" directory.

Jake