List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: SocketHubAppender listening on specific network interface
From:       "Scott Deboy" <sdeboy () comotivsystems ! com>
Date:       2005-10-19 21:23:46

JavaDoc for ServerSocket(int, int, InetAddress), which is how you get a
serversocket to listen on a specific interface, says that if bindAddr is
null, 'it will default accepting connections on any/all local
addresses'.

SocketHubAppender uses the new ServerSocket(int) arg, which uses the
null arg for inetaddress.

It sounds like this shouldn't be an issue, but there may be a bug.  Can
you tell using telnet whether or not this is the case?

Scott