List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: In Log4J 1.3alpha-6 DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch() method has
From:       Mark Womack <womack () adobe ! com>
Date:       2005-07-27 16:08:09

+1.  I think this falls into the "making sure 1.3 is as api compatible with
1.2 as we can make it" category.  Curt and Jake have done some good things
around this, but we should all review the areas we are familiar with.

In this particular case, we an probably even change the underlying
functionality to use the new FileWatchdog so that it will not create a new
thread every time it is called, and it will end the thread appropriately
when the repository resets/shutsdown.  But still deprecate it.

-Mark