List:       log4j-user
Subject:    Re: Custom subject with SMTPAppender?
From:       Ceki =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=FClc=FC?= <ceki () qos ! ch>
Date:       2004-12-23 10:29:49

At 04:44 AM 12/23/2004, Kevin A. Burton wrote:

>How about this... if the %throwable isn't defined we generate one?  Is
>that a bad overloading of the %throwable behavior you think?

You do not need to override %throwable. Just define a new conversion word,
say %stackTrace, possibly with options.

Thereafter, you could write "%d %level [%t] - %m%n%stackTrace{3}". Each log
line would be followed by with 3 lines of stack trace. Have a look
PatternLayout, PatternParser, they are designed to easily accept new
pattern words.

HTH,

--
Ceki Gülcü