List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: Future of Custom Filters?
From:       Mark Womack <mwomack () bevocal ! com>
Date:       2003-02-28 19:18:36

> By the way, you can find the o.a.l.filters directory in the
> log4j-sandbox
> instead of log4j proper. Mark, I think they should be moved
> back to the
> main log4j branch.

I will be happy to move them to the main log4j cvs and have them ship with
v1.3.  That is still the goal.  I moved them to sandbox because I want to
get open up the design and get feedback from the log4j user community.  I
wrote the classes and even I get confused sometimes when trying to
use/configure them.  I just wonder if there isn't a better way.  Also, if
there are other filters that should be written and included, it will give
folks a chance to submit them.

Once we are happy with the results, I'll move them into the main log4j cvs.
Please post any comments, suggestions, or questions that you have to the
email list.  I REALLY want the feedback and will work to incorporate useful
and constructive input.

thanks,
-Mark