List:       log4j-user
Subject:    WSAD5.0 and Log4J (Related to Lydia Thread)
From:       "Corbin, James" <James.Corbin () starwoodhotels ! com>
Date:       2003-02-26 20:09:23

Hello,

I too am unable to get Log4J working in WSAD5.0.  It appears that my error
is the same as Lydias in that it cannot find my configuration file.

[2/26/03 12:49:51:168 MST] 2dd9426c SystemErr     R log4j:WARN No appenders
could be found for logger (com.lightspeed).
[2/26/03 12:49:51:168 MST] 2dd9426c SystemErr     R log4j:WARN Please
initialize the log4j system properly.

Other app servers load the config file just fine, i.e. JBOSS.

Here is the code I use to configure Log4J

       // if the log4j-init-file is not set, then no point in trying
         PropertyConfigurator.configure( "/config/log4j.xml" );

The config directory is at root of the file system where the app server is
running, in this case, c:\config\log4j.xml.  When I run JBOSS it finds it
okay, but WSAD Test Server 5.0 is unable to find it.

Any suggestions on a better way to locate and load the configuration file
would be greatly appreciated.  The only requirement I have is that the
config file is located somewhere in the file system and isn't part of my web
app, or ear file.

Thanks,
J.D.

  _____

	 J.D. Corbin
Architecture and Emerging Systems
Starwood Technology and Revenue Systems
9285 Teddy Lane, Suite 230
Lone Tree, CO 80124

Phone: 303.790.9551
Fax:    303.790.9550

james.corbin@starwoodhotels.com

  _____

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may \
be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended only for \
the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended \
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the \
contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic \
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the \
address listed in the "From:" field.