List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: Is PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch() expensive?
From:       Mark Womack <mwomack () bevocal ! com>
Date:       2002-08-28 16:52:13

configureAndWatch() creates a thread that will sleep most the time except
for the period of time you have configured it to "wake up" and check for
changes.  The check itself is fairly simple and not very intensive, and the
reconfiguration is no different than normal configuration calls.

Besides the creation of a thread, I'd say that it is non-intensive resource
wise, and even a thread is not that big of a deal nowadays.  Especially one
that sleeps most of the time.

-Mark