List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: SocketHubAppender support in Chainsaw
From:       Mark Womack <mwomack () bevocal ! com>
Date:       2002-06-27 17:22:59

I left the existing Chainsaw code in place that created a default receiver
on port 4445 for SocketAppenders.  Actually, it looks for a property of
"chainsaw.port" and uses that number for the default port.  If it does not
find the property, it defaults to 4445.  You can set this to a different
number to avoid the clash.

It is creating a SocketReceiver, not a SocketHubReceiver.  In the future, it
would be nice if Chainsaw could read a configuration/property file to set up
a default set of receivers defined by the user.

-Mark