List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: Why won't initialization accept trace?
From:       Ceki =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=FClc=FC?= <ceki () qos ! ch>
Date:       2002-06-25 18:52:21

Given your config file, I don't see how logs could be lost. By default, the
FileAppender and its subclasses flush the output buffer after each append
operation. Thus,  events can't be "lost". Your config file does not change
this default behavior. (You don't set the ImmedateFlush option to false or
BufferIO option to true.)

I am tempted to say that it is common-logging related problem but that is
probably not true either. In the absence of further information, the most
probably cause is that the events are not generated in the first place. Are
you sure the log statements are really called before the program exists?

--
Ceki