List:       log4j-user
Subject:    FileAppender setFile(String, boolean) not defined in 1.2.3
From:       "Barr, Jud" <Barr.Jud () principal ! com>
Date:       2002-06-25 16:06:10

I have started to evaluate migrating our internal applications from Log4j 1.1.1 to \
1.2.3.

The first problem I noticed is that we use DailyRollingFileAppenderExt.  I got \
DailyRollingFileAppenderExt from another user of this list.  I don't see it in the \
contribs folder so I assume that no one is currently maintaining it.

The problem is that it makes calls to the setFile(String, boolean) on FileAppender.

FileAppender no longer defines a setFile() method with a String and boolean \
parameters.

My first question is should FileAppender still have setFile(String, boolean) method \
for backward compatibility?

If not, then my second question is, has anyone else already resolved this issue in \
1.2.3.  I can probably figure out how to modify DailyRollingFileAppenderExt to use \
the new setFile() methods but would prefer to use (or at least look at) an existing \
solution.

Any help or comments appreciated.

Jud Barr
Principal Financial Group