List:       log4j-user
Subject:    Multiple WebApps on Tomcat
From:       "MacKellar, Kimberly" <Kimberly.MacKellar () tfsil-ims ! tfn ! com>
Date:       2002-01-25 23:42:21

I'm running multiple webapps under Tomcat-3.2.3 on NT.  I've put a copy of
the log4j.jar under the WEB-INF/lib directory for each app.  Each
application has its own initialization servlet that configures the log4j
PropertyConfigurator based on values in my log4j.properties files which
reside under WEB-INF/classes for each app.  The problem is that when I
access one app that is supposed to log to its own log file its writing to
another apps log file.  I can't find any correlation to between which app is
writing logs and which app's logfile is getting the messages.  I know that
the configuration files are being read because of the format of the log
messages.   Couldn't find anything in the archives or bugzilla.  Does anyone
know what's causing this?

Kimberly MacKellar
Thomson Financial Publishing