List:       log4j-user
Subject:    RE: setting of priority for a category  based on Appender
From:       "Narendra K Paruchuri" <narendrap () asoft ! net>
Date:       2001-10-31 15:10:00

Hi

i will explain my requirement

my categories are dynamic, when a new component in the application
starts a new category will be added

and i am using two appenders one is JDBC and other is File.

so when log is done for a category it has to store the log messages
in JDBC (database) and File But the priorities are different for JDBC i have
to store the All the Logs, like its priority is DEBUG, for File the Priority
is only ERROR.

how can i have different priorities based on Appender in a Category

if I set Threshold for a Appender it is effecting to all the Categories that
I have.

Can any body help me.

Thanks
Narendra