List:       log4j-dev
Subject:    RE: How to change the type of  logging without restarting the app
From:       Sajid Shaikh <sshaikh () mahinetworks ! com>
Date:       2001-08-20 8:06:07

Thanks guys for all the answers,

	But I have one more question and please excuse my ignorance here. In
the way we are using log4j we don't do any initialization, instead the
static code in the Category class does the reading of the properties file
and that code calls configure and not configureAndWatch. Does this mean I
have to extend the Category class and do smth? And if I extend category
class how do I prevent the static code in Category class from executing.

Thanks for all the help again.
Sajid.