List:       log4j-dev
Subject:    Re: Log4J 1.1
From:       Ceki =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=FClc=FC?= <cgu () qos ! ch>
Date:       2001-05-17 18:40:04

At 23:53 16.05.2001 +0200, you wrote:
> We should decide on a release date for Log4J 1.1.
> During the beta stage, a lot of bugs got fixed, but people are waiting for
> the final release and we can't keep them waiting. Beta7 seems to be stable,
> and problems reported are minor (up to now).
>
> Things we need to do:
> - fix all remaining unfixed bugs

+1

I am not aware of any unfixed bugs except the recently reported incompatibility with \
Sun's JAXP 1.1.

> - finalize documentation (document new features)

+1

> (- last beta test)
> - put together a comprehensive changelog

It's already there in the HISTORY file or do you mean something else?

> - release log4j 1.1

+1

> - announce on our mailinglists, jguru, theserverside, freshmeat, javalobby,

+1

I can take care of announcing on freshmeat, jakarta and the mailing lists. I am not \
that familiar with jguru, theserverside and javalobby.

> - plan features/enhancements for 1.2

+1

Ceki